Founded in 1992, Helion is a long established British company based in Cambridge, England.
We offer a range of product-proven Data Security and Lossless Compression IP cores,
backed by a team of highly experienced engineers, proudly developing and supporting a
Our aim is to offer our customers...
Claims like this are easy to say, but see how we fare by visiting our Clients page.
Helion works hard to anticipate, understand and then deliver great solutions for its customers.
As an example, Helion offered the
world’s first commercial AES core back in 2001, even before the industry had fully adopted
the algorithm. This process continues unabated today, with new products in development that will
lead the field.
Helion IP is specially designed and optimised for each target technology. This means lots of
work for us, but this approach yields amazing results for our customers. We always aim for
the best in class performance and lowest utilisation in any given
ASIC or FPGA target.
IP should be problem free, so we always go the extra mile to ensure a smooth and trouble free
integration phase for our products. We realise that our customers are putting their faith in us,
and want to repay that with an outstandingly easy deployment.
Ease of Use
Helion engineers have many years of real product development experience, and so our IP is
designed to be used in realistic situations. It is flexible and well thought through, with the
result being that it is simple to drop into your system.
Helion are proud to have...
Many World Firsts
An amazing customer base
Most FIPS certificated products
- A broad range of Commercial, Military, Government customers worldwide
- >350 licenses signed to date with >140 customers
- Includes Nine of the Top Ten Defence Contractors worldwide (by revenue)
- Much repeat business - please visit the Clients page on our website to see why our customers keep coming back
Partnership Status with the major FPGA vendors
- As far as we can tell, more than any other single AES IP provider
- Xilinx - Certified IP Partner
- Microchip (formerly Microsemi & Actel) - CompanionCore IP Partner
- Lattice - LatticeCORE Connection IP Partner